Hi, my name is Roger Riley. Thank you for visiting my homepage. I began developing properties in 2001and in 2004 founded Homes In The Hills to market my developments and list properties for family and friends. My current developments are listed individually above, with pictures, and plats. A brief description of current and completed developments are listed below, as well as some individual listings.
I was raised on a cattle ranch on the SD/Wyoming border. It was a great place to grow up as the wide open spaces gave me the freedom to develop my imagination, and to formulate my thoughts and dreams, so different from today’s youth with all of their electronic devices. One of the greatest gifts we can give our children and grandchildren is the ability of imagination which can only be achieved by turning off everything man made and spending time in nature.
I’ve always had a natural propensity to think outside the box, which can be frustrating at times as I often see things from a completely different perspective from others. But, it has led me to try new and different things I’ve imagined, including the dome. When I was 17 I built my first cabin on top of a mountain spending summer evenings under the stars. Later on I built a pretty cool “yurt” outside of Spearfish. After attending high school in Belle Fourche, SD I graduated from Black Hills State University in Spearfish, SD. In 1981 I loaded up my pickup and headed south to discover America. I landed in Texas and began working for a sales company. After a year I took what I’d learned and started my own company in Phoenix. From there I moved to California and then Colorado Springs. In 1997 the Hills called me back home to Spearfish. In 2001 I started Homes In The Hills, a real estate and development company. In the spring of 2016 I joined forces with VIP Properties of Rapid City to help build their Spearfish office.
Developments since 2001
- Yellowstone Place, Spearfish: 28 town homes and garden homes:
- Countrystone Place, Spearfish: 16 town homes:
- Red Rock, Belle Fourche: 20 town homes:
- Higgins Gulch, Spearfish: Lot development/subdivision:
- Fox Canyon, Spearfish: Lot development/subdivision:
- Twin Parks, Whitewood: 90 lot development, single family homes.
- 2005 to present
- Smokey Mountain Ranch, Whitewood: Lot development/subdivision
- Hidden Valley Ranch, W. of Belle Fourche: Lot development
- 2009 to present
- The Preserve at Bottineau, North Dakota, 50 Acre Subdivision
- 2012 to present
- The Meadows of Higgins Gulch, Spearfish. Lot development.